Steeped in history, Joo Chiat is well-loved by many Singaporeans. Marvel at this bustling neighbourhood’s many carefully-conserved colonial bungalows and Peranakan shophouses. Join us on this trail to discover both old and modern Singapore and its dizzying array of fantastic local food.
- Have a chat with a Peranakan scholar, and learn about the history of this diversified culture.
- Savour delicious Peranakan treats at Rumah Kim Choo.
- Explore Singapore’s first Heritage Town.
Places you'll visit
- Sri Senpaga Vinayagar Temple
- Katong Laksa Stalls
- Rumah Kim Choo
- Joo Chiat Road
- Conserved Terrace Houses
- Church of the Holy Family
- Chin Mee Chin Confectionery
- Katong Antique House
- Kuo Chuan Avenue
- Houses along Koon Seng Road
- Masjid Khalid
- The Intan
- Kway Guan Huat Joo Chiat Original Popiah & Kueh Pie Tie
Recommended Start Time:
Tuesdays - Sunday, 10:30am - 430pm
A number of shops are closed on Mondays
Estimated walking distance
Download LocoMole app to enjoy this trail
Redefining Discovery & Experience