Jalan Besar Trail – A unique place in Singapore you must not miss!
Jalan Besar is not just for the foodies and hipsters. Once a dirt track in the swampy marshlands near Rochor River, it had grew into a major road used by many races and industries. Wander down the “Big Road” and uncover its multi-layered heritage!
In this free walking tour, you will uncover the rich heritage of the Jalan Besar. Simply follow LocoMole around this trail for recommended must-see must-dos, and discover the untold stories of Jalan Besar.
Here’s a glimpse of the Jalan Besar Trail on the LocoMole App!
- Former Sungei Road Flea Market
- The Big Street Experience
- Abdul Gaffoor Mosque
- Sim Lim Square
- Kampong Kapor Methodist Church
- Hinghwa Methodist Church
- People's Association
- Jalan Besar Sports & Recreation Centre
- Former Framroz's Aerated Waters
- Petain Road Shophouses
- Thekchen Choling (Tibetan Buddhist Temple)
- Syed Alwi Road (heritage marker)
- Former New World Amusement Park
- Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital
- Central Sikh Temple
Recommended Start Time:
Monday to Sunday, 10:00am
Estimated walking distance
Redefining Discovery & Experience