Steeped in history, Joo Chiat is well-loved by many Singaporeans. Marvel at this bustling neighbourhood’s many carefully-conserved colonial bungalows and Peranakan shophouses. This trail aims to bring family and friends closer as you discover both old and modern Singapore together. You’ll also get to visit the community hub of Cornerstone Community Service, and find out how you can do more for the community at large.
- Have a chat with a Peranakan scholar, and learn about the history of this diversified culture.
- Savour delicious Peranakan treats at Rumah Kim Choo.
- Explore Singapore’s first Heritage Town.
- Kuo Chuan Avenue
- Katong Antique House
- Chin Mee Chin Confectionery
- Church of the Holy Family
- Conserved Terrace Houses
- Rumah Kim Choo
- Joo Chiat Road
- Houses Along Koon Seng Road
- Sri Senpaga Vinayagar Temple
- Katong Laksa Stalls
- Cornerstone Community Services
Recommended Start Time:
Tuesdays - Sunday, 10:30am - 430pm
A number of shops are closed on Mondays
Estimated walking distance
Redefining Discovery & Experience